Thursday, March 21, 2013

Welcome to my desert retreat house




This picture was taken just at sunset as I stood outside the front door of my house located in LaQuinta California in the heart of the Sonoran Desert of the Coachella Valley,  and the picture seems to capture what I hope to be doing in these blog postings.

This is the first posting of what I hope will be an ongoing invitation to share some of my incredible experiences of living in a desert -an awesome  place for finding deeper truths- a place for soul searching.

I hope you can think of this site as a place where you can "virtually" get away from it all. Take a few moments out of a hectic schedule and busy life,  and enter into my little retreat house where you can read some of my own soul searching reflections or take advantage of some teaching I might be able to offer.

I trust your responses will help create some fruitful dialogue

The Jewish People  are about to celebrate Passover and Christians are about to celebrate Holy Week and Easter. What a perfect time to begin this soul searching journey in the desert.

Peace, shalom, namaste!


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog. Your words resonate in my inner quiet place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this site. I know that I will return time and again for respite from my busy life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photo...ahh the desert memories. Enjoy! Sara Jane

    ReplyDelete